All purpose flour 100 gram
Besan/gram flour 100 gram
Sugar 200 gram
water 100 gram
Lachcha shemai/ fried vermicelli 100 gram
condensed milk 2 tbl spoon
Ghee/butter/oil 250 gram ( you can use oil+ ghee/butter)
Cardamom, cinnamon, bayleaf
1. Make a sugar syrap with 200 gram sugar and 100 gram water. While making the syrap don’t forget to add cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and a bay leaf into it.
2. Heat oil/ghee/ butter. I took 150 gram of ghee+100 gram oil.now add the flour and besan into it..Fry on a low heat until the raw smell of besan and flour is completely gone..But careful, not to over fry them as it may cause bitter taste. Add the Sugar syrap and stir until the halwa comes together..Now add 2 tbl spoon of condensed milk. U may add raisins and chopped nuts if you wish. Let it cool.
3. In another pan, heat some ghee and fry the lachcha shemai until gets crispy.
4. Now mix half of the lachcha shemai with the room temperature halwa.
5. Place the halwa on a greased plate and shape it in your desired shape. Add the remaining lachcha shemai on the top of it using ur hand and let it set for atleast 10 minutes.
6. Cut into your desired shape.