For the dough:
1. All purpose flour 1 cup
2. Ghee 1 and half table spoon of ghee
3. salt to taste
and to create layering effect we need some extra enough oil+ghee and flour.
1. Make a dough with 1 cup flour, 1 and half tbl spoon ghee, salt to taste and water.
2. Knead well and cover it with a wet cloth for atleast 30 minutes. It would make the dough very stretchy. For Bakorkhani, we need stretchy kindda dough.
3. Apply some oil all over the dough and keep it like this for 10 minutes.
4. Now take a long board to roll in the dough.I took my wooden chopping board for that. Apply oil all over the board and over the rolling pin. That is your board and rolling pin must be wet with oil. Now without adding any flour roll out the dough as thin as possible, stretch it over the entire span of wooden board. The board should be covered with it.You should be able to see the board through it.
5. Now Apply some ghee or oil over it and then after strew some flour over the oil. So the oil is dried out by spreading the flour.Repeat the process once again. That is apply oil , then spread flour evenly on it.
6. Fold it into half. It will look like a rectangle. Now then again apply the process twice. That is, after spreading ghee over it, flour is strewn on.
7. Now fold in into like square envelops and then again repeat the process twice; rub oil/ghee and spread flour over it. it should be done twice.. In Fact e,it should be noted,every time the process should be done twice.
8. Now make a roll out of this dough. Take small balls from the roll and roll in into small breads.
9. Make three cuts with a knife on the bread and bake it in a preheated oven to 325 FH / 170 C for 25 minutes or until it gets light brown.
Don’t over bake the bakorkhani as it may destroy the flavor and the layering effect.
In traditional Dhakai bakorkhani they add reduced dried milk/maowa/ khoya in the dough. You may experiment adding a little amount of maowa too. For 1 Cup take one eighth cup of maowa..
Just bake this, what to say!!!!! Thank you so much dear Khadiza for sharing this wonderful recipe! May Allah bless you ❤
ei recipe ti banglay hole porte subidha hoto.