Kalakand/Indian Milk Cake , a super easy way..
For Chaana/ chesse
1. Milk 1 ltr / 4 cups
2. Lemon Juice 1 and half table spoon
1. Ghee/clarified butter 2 tbl spoon
2. Powder Milk 4/5 tbl spoon
3. Condensed Milk a little more than half Tin
4. Cardamom Powder/ Elach guro half teaspoon
5. Yellow food color very little ( optional)
1. Heat the milk and bring it to a boil stirring occasionally so that the milk should not get burnt on the bottom. Then add the lemon juice and stir until the greenish water is seen, i.e, the whey is separated and the milk curdled.
2. Now remove almost all the whey/ water from the cheese , taking a little amount of it . If you strain all the whey no prob at all. 🙂
3. Continue to cook the Chaana on the stove on medium low heat. Add ghee, cardamom powder and sweetend condensed milk. Keep stirring. It will get thicker and will form water less lump. Remember Kalakand should have that crumbly texture.Then add the powder milk and a little bit of yellow food color. But yes of course, You can alwayz omit the food color part.. 😀 … Keep cooking until the mixture come together.
4. When done transfer it to a greased( with butter/ghee) serving dish. Let it cool and then cut it with a greased knife. Garnish with Pistachio and raisins.