Chicken roast desi style
1. 1 chicken, cut in 4 or 6 pieces
2. Yogurt half cup + 1/8th cup for marination
3. 1 and half table spoon of ginger paste
4. 2 teaspoon garlic paste
5. 3/4 th cup of chopped onion
6. tomato sauce 1 and half tbl spoon
7. Tamarind sauce ( store bought) 1 teaspoon
8. Chili powder 1 teaspoon
9. Coriander Powder half teaspoon
11.Bayleaf, cinnamon, cardamoms
12. Pinch of yellow food color ( optional)
13. Sugar to taste
14. Oil+ ghee
15 Maowa/ khoya 1 tbl spoon, make it loose with your hand
16. Handful of green chilies
17. Special Garam masala powder
For Special Garam Masala Powder grind half teaspoon of cumin, half teaspoon of whole coriander, 4/5 cloves, 3/4 cardamoms,half teaspoon black/white pepper, 1 teaspoon poppy seed , little mace and nutmeg together into a fine smooth powder.
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with 1/8 th cup yogurt and and salt.
2. In another bowl tale half cup pf yogurt, whisk it and add ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, tomato sauce, tamarind sauce, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and food color in it.Mix well.
3.In a wok heat oil+ghee and fry the chicken for a while. Keep aside the chicken pieces ..
4.Now add bayleaf, cinnamon and 2 cardamoms in the oil , fry a little then add chopped onion and fry until they turn brown.Pour the yogurt mix and the chicken. Add little water and cover with a lid. When oil separates add sugar and handful of green chilies. Add maowa/khoya…Turn off the stove and keep the wok on it with lid on for 5 / 10 minutes.
Enjoy your Chicken roast with Polau/ Pilaf, Paratha..
very simple as well as tasty,,,,,
thank u bhai..:)
wow! its really easy & yummy…….
thank u .. 🙂
If you like a particular dish, you can save
it to your favorites and the app will store it on your phone allowing you access to it later on.
Newspapers are also usually a combination of text and graphics – and include
the element of assigning importance though the size of the print.
Starting over at 52, Chris launched his own software business.
I made this last night n this is the best desi food I made so far. Cant wait to try your other recipes and can’t thank you enough sis!
alhamdulillah !!! so happy !! Thank u for the review !!!
looks yummy…btw what type of yogurt u used?tok doi or misti doi?let me know…
i want to made it…i never cook roast before…:(
tok doi … 🙂
Salam sis.I am planning to make it today.Is 1 kg chicken perfect for this recipe .pls let me know.tks.