Moog Daal / yellow lentil 100 gram
Mushur Daal/ Red Lentil 100 gram
Chaana/ Bengal Gram peas 75 gram
Urad Daal/ Mashkolai ( grinded) 75 gram
Whole wheat( grinded) 100 gram
Kalojeera rice 100 gram
Meat ( Beef/ Mutton) 1 KG
Onion Paste Half Cup
Ginger paste 1 and half tab spoon+ 1 tbl spoon
Garlic Paste 2 teaspoon + 2 teaspoon
Whole Garam Masala , Cardamom, cinnamon, bayleaf
Garam Masala Powder for meat ( roast cumin, whole coriander, cardamom, cloves, black pepper together and grind them into a smooth powder)
Turmeric little more than Half teaspoon
Chili Powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder half teaspoon
Salt to taste
SHAAN Korma Curry Mix 1 tbl spoon
Special Haleem Masala Powder 1 tbl spoon
For Special Haleem Masala:
Jeera/ Cumin 1 teaspoon
Dhone / Whole Coriander 1 teaspoon
5/ 6 Shukna morich/ dried chilli
8/9 Golmorich/ Black pepper
5/6 Clove/ lobongo
Methi/ Fenugreek 1/4 th teaspoon
kaloojeera/ nigella 1/4 th teaspoon
pachforon/ Indian 5 spice 1 teaspoon
2/3 Elach/ cardamom
Fennel/ mouri half teaspoon
Dry roast the spices and grind them into a smooth powder.
Chopped Onion 1 cup ( Half for “bagar” and half for Bereshta)
Chopped green chili
1. Cook Beef/ mutton in regular way with onion paste, 2 tbl spoon ginger paste, two teaspoon garlic paste, meat masala powder, Whole garam masala ( cardamom, Cinnamon, bay leaf),turmeric, chili and coriander powder, salt and oil. Cook very well and reduce the gravy until it is almost dried out.
2. In the mean time boil all the daal , rice and whole wheat with 2 tbl spoon of ginger paste, 2 teaspoon of garlic paste and large amount of water. Since the whole wheat and Urad daal is grinded it will be thick soon. So Boil them with large amount of water and stir occasionally , specially when it will get thicker, otherwise u may end up having lumps in your haleem.
3. When the Chaal/Daal mixture comes to desired consistency, add the salt and meat. Mix well .. Add the Speacial Masalas , i.e , Shaan Korma Curry Mix and Special Haleem Masala 1 tbl spoon each.
4. Now the very important part. The ” Bagar”/ seasoning . Heat regualr and mustard oil together taking half n half. Add the Onions and little amount of garlic. Fry them until brown and add to the haleem. In another pan make bereshta of other half of chopped onion.
5. Serve haleem with chopped ginger, fried onion( bereshta), chopped mint, chopped green chili, salad and lemon.
1. If you don’t find whole wheat, don’t worry only rice will do. In that case take 200 grams of rice.