This is a very easy-peasy , super quick , few ingredients yummy shrimp preparation …I love them with plain rice or even with pulao..
Shrimp/ prawn half lb
Chopped Onion 1 cup
Turmeric powder half teaspoon
Chili powder half teaspoon
Green chilies , split 4 or 5
Salt to taste
A little extra turmeric- chili powder to rub the shrimps
1. Rub the shrimps with little turmeric, chili powder and little salt.
2. Heat oil and fry the shrimps a minute or so. Don’t over fry them . The flesh of the shrimp will get harder if overcooked .
3. In another bowl take chopped onion, Mix them well with turmeric powder, chili powder and salt . Make the onions little soft by help of your hand.
4. Now add the onion into the pan and mix well with the shrimps . Cook the shrimp on medium low heat . Stir occasionally so that the onion should not get burnt. Don’t add any water. For this recipe u need to use enough oil since no water will be used .
5. Within few minutes the onion will get softer. Add green chilies then . Keep cooking them. When it’s done add some chopped cilantro .