Traditional Cake pitha ( fried Cake)
This cake pitha is very popular in greater Barisal region . Very easy , simple but super yummy . The beauty of this pitha is with every bite you will enjoy the crunchiness and softness at the same time.
1/3 rd cup of sugar
A little more than 1/3 rd cup of all purpose flour/ maida
Baking Powder half teaspoon
Baking Soda a pinch
Oil for frying
1. Blend eggs and sugar together until fluffy and light .
2. Mix flour , baking powder and baking soda with egg mixture with a light hand . Mix well .The batter should be like cake batter . Not runny or thin . A little thick like cake batter. It’s better to let the batter rest for at least half an hour . In that case don’t put baking powder and baking soda in the beginning . Add them in the mixture just before frying .
3. Heat oil on medium heat. We need to deep fry , so heat enough oil . When the oil is hot enough add 1 teaspoon of batter to the oil . it will rise and fry it until brown . When brown , remove from the oil and put it back into the batter. Cover it with batter and put into oil again . Repeat the process until its big enough to be sliced down .
4. Let it cool and slice into pieces .
1. The darker you fry the pithas , the darker shade you will get inside . But don’t over fry or burn .
2. If you feel the oil is becoming too hot while frying for a long time . Reduce the heat . Otherwise it will get colored or burnt the moment u put them in the oil and may cause bitter taste .