Crispy Eggplant Fritters ( Mochmoche beguni)
For the batter :
3/4 th cup all purpose flour ( moida)
1/4 th cup besan / Bengal gram flour
Baking Powder 1/2 tea spoon
Baking Soda a pinch ( 1/4 th tea spoon)
Chili Powder 1 level tea spoon or less
Salt to taste
Chilled Water 3/4 th cup- 1 cup or enough to make a thick batter ( but don’t make it too thick)
I usually Don’t use any other spice, but if you want , you can use 1/4 th tea spoon ginger paste and 1/4 th teaspoon garlic paste. I Sometimes love to add kalojeera ( nigella) to my batter . It gives a beautiful aroma and flavor . I noticed that If I don’t use besan at all the beguni remains crisper for a longer time. But My husband loves the flavor of besan so I use it . But if you don’t want it , you may opt it out .
1. Cut the eggplant into medium thin lengthwise sizes and rub some turmeric and salt on them.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and beat them with a hand electric beater until fluffy . This is the secret of being crunchier for a longer time . Those who don’t have electric hand blender , don’t worry . It won’t affect the crunchiness . But if you beat them until fluffy the result is obviously better as that would help retain the crunchiness for a longer time and it helps to make the bagunis puffed up ..
3. Dip the eggplant into the batter and deep fry them at medium low flame until brown . The flame should be at medium low flame from the begining . You have to be patient in frying them . The longer you fry them , the crisper they will be .
1. Always use chilled or ice cold water in making the batter . They help to get the crispyness . Some add drinking soda in making the batter too .
2. Try to use the batter as soon as you make them . Otherwise the baking powder and baking soda won’t work . So if you want to make the batter ahead of time , do it , but don’t add baking powder and baking soda that time . And keep the batter in the refrigerator till u use them. Add baking powder and baking soda just before you are ready to fry the beguni..
3. Always fry , when the oil is enough hot . But careful the oil should not be that hot as to brown the surface without making it crispy . So Heat the oil at medium low flame from the begining and when it’s hot enough add the eggplants and fry for a longer time in order to make them crispy .. 🙂
লম্বা বেগুনের টুকরো গুলো কি আস্ত রেখেছো? দেখে তো তাই মনে হচ্ছে। কালিজিরা আমিও দেই। খুব ভালো লাগছে দেখতে।
nah Khalamoni , begun lombabhabe slice koresi .. batter ta beat korai fluffy hoye fule erokom balisher moto hoye gese .. 🙂
বাহ! দারুন তো! খুব সুন্দর একটি টিপস শিখলাম তোমার কাছ থেকে সোনাপাখী।
অনেক অনেক শুভেচ্ছা!
thank u Khalamoni … 🙂
Yummy super yummy !
blender ki blend kora jabe
nice! I must tell this to my mama! 😀
just tried it… came out well.. i had to sprinkle a little more salt after frying as my husband it less salty.. can u please share approximately how much salt should add to the batter
Hi. I tried making beguni but it did not come out fluffy how can I make it more fluffy and crispy
Thanks , I must try. Khub e important kisu tips shekhalen , jantam e na age
I try it this begun recipe , and it awsm, perfect recipe. u very much, May Allah Blass u
I try your beguni recipe , and it awsm, perfect recipe. thank u very much, May Allah Blass u