For the measurement I took the 250 ml cup ( 250 ml= 1 cuo/ 8 0z = 1 cup).
Flour ( all purpose /regular maida) 1 cup ( in a 250 ml or 8 oz cup )
Butter, softened , Half cup or 4 oz
Caster sugar 3 tbl spoon ( grind your regular sugar into a super fine powder )
Salt 1 tea spoon
1 egg ( room temparature)
Baking powder 1/4 th tea spoon
Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
Black cumin/ nigella/ kalojeera 1 tea spoon
1. Cream the butter and sugar . Add in the egg . Beat well.
2. In another bowl sieve the flour and baling powder . Add the salt and cardamom powder . Now fold in the egg mixture with it . Mix well until it forms a dough . If you think the dough is too sticky , you can add 1 tbl spoon of extra flour . But not more than that . Now make a ball with the dough and cover it with a cling film or plastic. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least half n hour . If you find difficulties in making the ball , grease your hand with butter , it will help you to make the ball .
3. After half and hour , you will find your dough to be firm and easy to manage . Now roll out the dough and make shape with the biscuit cutter.
In rolling dough I’d love to share one trick , I always follow. Please check the notes written after the recipe.
4. Line the baking pan with wax paper . You don’t need to grease the pan like that of baking cakes . Because , the biscuits or cookies have enough butter in them and they come out when heated. Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes or until light brown in a pre-heated oven at 350 Fahrenheit.
Place them in a rack and let them cool . Store in an air tight container .
1. In rolling cookie dough , sometimes the dough get stuck on the rolling pin and that’s really annoying . The trick I follow is place the dough on a piece of wax paper or cling film now cover it with another wax paper or cling film ( plastic wrap) , enough large to roll it out . Now roll them without any hassle !!!!! 😀
2. Please completely cool the biscuits after taking it out from the oven. Otherwise the steam inside will make the biscuits soggy.
3. Now a very important thing to remember , when to take out the biscuits from the oven. It’s just when you find them light golden brown . When the edges have become brown and you can smell that buttery flavor of the biscuits, that’s the time you should check for your biscuits.Biscuits/ cookies gets harder after cooling down . So you may find them soft after taking them out from oven , but don’t worry it will get the biscuit type texture when it gets cool . If you wait too long to be dark brown in the oven , your biscuit will become too dry and hard when they cool down . You don’t love hard , stone like biscuits anyway! :O If you still have suspect , turn off the oven and keep the biscuits for 1 or 2 minutes there .
4. Always store the biscuits wrapped in wax paper in an air tight container . Don’t store different types of biscuits/ cookies in the same container .
Thank u my darling !!!!! ❤
apu apnar salted biscuit ar recipe ta pore khub e valo legechilo so today i made this biscuit.every thing is perfect bt one thing i don’t understand. Apu apnar biscuit gulo khub shundor golden brown dekhache bt amar bake kora biscuit gulor uporer side ta brown e hoini. white hoe ache. ki korle apnar tar moto beautiful hbe.. need your help apu. plz janaben.. and thnx for shairing a wonderful recipe.