Chicken fried rice
3 cups Cooked rice , preferably aromatic rice like kalojeera/ chinigura or basmati ( must be 70% cooked)
Chicken 250 gram, cut in thin strips
Ginger Paste 1 tbl spoon
Light Soy Sauce 2 tbl spoon
Fish sauce half teaspoon
Salt to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1 small onion, sliced
4/5 green chilies chopped
Tasting salt/ ajino moto 3/4th teaspoon
Sugar , 1 teaspoon
Sesame or any vegetable oil
1. Cook rice , drain out the starch and let it cool . Don’t cook the rice fully or over cook it . It should be 70-80% done .
2. Marinate the chicken with soy sauce and fish sauce and sugar.
3.. In a wok , add little oil and make a big omelette with the beaten eggs . Don’t forget to add little salt in the beaten egg . Cut the omelette in strips .
4. In the same wok add oil and put the ginger paste . Fry for a minute and then add the chicken with the marinade . Fry well . The chicken will be done in few minutes . add the chopped veggies , onion and green chilies . Fry well.
5. Add the rice . Add salt, sugar and ajinomoto . Don’t add too much salt as the sauces contain salt too . Fold with the omelette .
Fry well .
1. You can do this with your leftover rice too . If you have time, for better result ,cook the rice and when cool , put it in the fridge , in normal chamber . Use 4/5 hours later for fried rice .
2. You can use the shredded chicken too . In that case , after frying the ginger paste , add the chicken , then add soy and fish sauce . 🙂
3. You can use shrimp too . For that add shrimp after your chicken is fried well . If you cook shrimp for a longer time , it gets hard . You can substitute shrimp for chicken too . 🙂
tks a lot sweet apu .aamar onek din dhore recipe tar dorkar chilo.
Thanks so much dear 🙂
Hi apu! I am just wondering which fish sauce do i use?