Warqi paratha is one of my favorite parathas . Soft inside but crisp outside . Though involves a bit hard work making it but trust me , it’s so worth making those melt in mouth parathas .
2 cups all purpose flour/ maida
2 tbl spoon of semolina ( sooji)
2 tbl spoon of milk powder
2 tbl spoon of ghee
2 tea spoon of sugar
Salt to taste
Liquid milk 1/3 rd cup ( room temperature)
Little more water ( around 2 tbl spoon , you may need more)
Ghee mixture for the layering:
4 tbl spoon of ghee / vegetable shortening / butteroil
4 tbl spoon of cornstarch/ rice flour / maida
I make warqi paratha in 3 different ways . The first method being the best and most authentic though involves little hard work and it will take little time too.
Procedure # 1:
1. Make a medium soft dough with the ingredients mentioned above . Cover it with a wet cloth and let the dough rest for 30 minutes .
2. Make balls from the dough and roll the balls into small rotis or disks . Rub each rotis with the ghee-flour mixture.
3. Stack the rotis together . The last roti should be put inward way , so that the ghee covered part is on inside . Join them together . Roll them into a big roti.
4. Now apply the ghee-flour mixture on the roti . Roll it like a swiss roll . Cut the roll into 3″ pieces . Flatten the pieces by pressing them upright . Now stack three or four of these flatten pieces together . Roll out the paratha .
Here’s the step by step Pic :
5. Fry the parathas without ghee/oil first . Then heat some ghee ( you will need more than the quantity usually needed for frying parathas) and fry the parathas on medium low heat . Please be careful frying these , since they are kind of melt in mouth type , if not carefully handled , you may break the parathas .
Procedure # 2:
1. Make the balls from the dough and roll them out into small rotis . Apply ghee-flour mixtue over each roti and stack them together .
2. Roll out a paratha . 🙂
Here’s the step by step pic of this procedure:
3. Fry without ghee/oil first, then in good amount of ghee or oil .
Procedure # 3:
Enjoy Warqi paratha with korma , bhuna gosht and halwa !!!
thank u bhaiya … 🙂
What’s up friends, pleasant article and good arguments commented here,
I am actually enjoying by these.
Wow Apu u r MasterChef and a great person. I will sure make this maratha and will give feedback. Love u Apu.