Special Beef bhuna
I love beef!!! Nothing beats desi style beef preparation, no way !!! This special beef bhuna is so finger liking good , just can’t get enough of it !!!! The specialty of this preparation is slow cooking and the use of spices.
1 kg beef , cut in medium or small pieces
1 medium onion , finely minced
1 cup fried onion/ bereshta
1 tbl spoon ginger paste
1 tbl spoon ginger , matchstick cut/ Julian cut
2 tea spoon garlic paste
5/6 whole garlic cloves
1/3 rd cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon red chili powder
5/6 dry red chilies ( split in half)
1/2 ( half) teaspoon turmeric
5 green cardamoms
2 black cardamoms ( if small)
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 tea spoon black pepper ( whole)
salt to taste
2 tbl spoon of papaya paste ( optional, for meat tenderizing)
Special masala ( apply the whole quantity)
Special masala :
Dry roast 1 tea spoon cumin or jeera for 30 seconds . Now grind it with 1 tea spoon whole coriander ( dhonia) and 1 tea spoon fennel ( mouri) into a fine powder .
1. Marinate the meat with all the ingredients except special garam masala and oil .
2. Heat the oil and add the meat with marinade . Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes . Now reduce the heat and cook the meat on low heat with lid on . The pot should be covered with a lid .
3. The meat will release water and will be cooked in it . Don’t bother . Slow cook for at least 2 hours . If needed add little water but not until 45 minutes.
4. Just before you turn the stove off , add the garam masala powder and cook 5 minutes more .
1. Please make the fried onion at home . Don’t over fry them , as it may ruin the color . It should be nice golden brown color . Fried onion makes a great difference in this preparation and also the julian cut ginger and whole garlic cloves . 🙂
montobbo nishproyojon, proyojon kebol duti waqri parathar:)
😀 😀 😀
So we cooked our Qurbani beef on Eid day and it just didn’t turn out good. Then I tried out this recipe and couldn’t believe how good and tender the beef turned out this time! Thank you for the recipe!
Thank u .. 🙂
5lb beef er jonno ingredients gulor poriman bolben plz….khubi proyojon…thanks in advance:)
Hi apu..marinate time ki? how long do we have to marinate the beef?
Julian cut ginger, whole clove of garlic and dry red chilies are those for decoration or what. Please explain.
Also fried onion