Stuffed Pull Apart Flower Bun
Many of us love pull apart buns . Who doesn’t ? That soft , tender inside with golden buttery crust !!! But here you go with my stuffed pull apart bun , the recipe being my own . Really loved the filling with spinach, potato and cheese complimenting the super soft buns , making it super exotic !!
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tbl spoon Milk powder
1 tea spoon Instant dry yeast
2 teaspoon sugar
Little less than 1 tea spoon salt
1 beaten egg
2 tbl spoon ghee or butteroil
2 tbl spoon of oil
1/2 cup of luke warm ,regular liquid milk ( to make the dough )
Little water , 2 tbl spoon or more ( if needed to make the dough after adding milk), luke warm
1 beaten egg mixed with 1 tbl spoon milk for egg wash
Sesame and nigella ( black seed)
Butter to rub on the bun after taking it out from the oven
Boiled mashed potato
Cottage cheese and cream cheese
Chopped onion and garlic
Salt to taste
Heat butter and fry the chopped onin and garlic for a minute . Add the chopped spinach . Don’t add any extra water . The leaves will release water . Add little salt . When the water is almost dried out add the mashed potato . Stir and then add the cottage cheese .
When cool , mix the cream cheese with it .
1. Mix all the ingredients for bun except oil . Be careful while adding luke warm milk and water . If you use too hot water the yeast might get killed , and if you use room temperature or cold water, the yeast won’t wake up !!!!!! In both case the dough will not rise and everything will go in vain . So always use luke warm water in any recipe where you have yeast as an ingredient. Make a soft dough . If you make the dough hard , the bun will be hard , so make it a soft dough .
2. Knead well . The dough will be very sticky . Now add the oil and form the dough into a round ball . Now it’s easier to work with the dough. Knead very well . The more you knead, the softer bun you get . Knead at least 8-10 minutes .Put the dough into a closed lid box and place it in a warm place . It may take an hour or more to get the dough double in volume . If it becomes fluffy and double in volume , the dough is ready to make the bun. Sometimes it may get longer time to rise . Sometimes it takes almost 2 and half hour to rise up and to be fluffy . So don’t do anything until it rise up in volume and becomes fluffy .
3. Punch down all the air form the dough . Now Make balls from the dough . Flatten the ball and put some filling into it. Reshape the ball . Make all the buns like this . All of them should be of same size .
4. Grease a springform or any other pan . and place the balls closely to each other . Cover with a wet cloth for 20 minutes and let it rise again a bit . In the mean time pre-heat your oven to 400 FH or 200 Centigrade.
5. Brush with egg and sprinkle some sesame and nigella seed . Bake for not more than 20 minutes at 400 FH in a pre heated oven . If you bake for longer , the buns will be hard .
6. After taking out from oven rub some butter on it for a smooth and glossy finishing .
1. The softer is your dough , the softer is your bun .
2. Don’t over bake , as it may make your buns hard .
3. Use the ghee and oil both in making the dough .
Lovely….. One of the first recipes I saw today morning….
awwwww… thank u sweetie !!!