Raw/ Green Banana Kabab with the banana skin too !!
I love raw banana . My mom has so many special recipes with raw banana and this kabab is one of them , the specialty being the use of the skin too . Many of us make raw banana kabab and I saw most of them throwing away the skin!!! What a wastage !!! The skin being the most delicious part !!!People throwing away the skin complains about the sticky enzyme comes from the raw banana and think that might make the skin taste bitter . But it certainly has a technique to get rid of bitterness of that sticky enzyme and that is to boil the banana with turmeric and salt . Turmeric and salt both help to get rid of the bitterness of that sticky enzyme of raw banana .
2 green banana with skin
1 level tea spoon of finely grated ginger
3/4th tea spoon of finely grated garlic
1/4 th cup of fried onion or bereshta
Half teaspoon of chili powder
1 tea spoon of garam masala / kabab masala powder
1/2 ( half teaspoon, level ) of dry roasted cumin powder
Salt to taste
1 beaten egg
Other ingredients :
salt and turmeric to boil the banana
Oil to fry the kababs
1. Boil the bananas with turmeric and salt . Throw away the water and peel the skin from the banana . Cut the skin in small pieces and blend them with grated ginger , garlic . Mash the bananas smoothly and mix with the blended skin , add the other ingredients , fried onion , chili powder , cumin powder , garam masala/ kabab masala powder , salt .
2. Now add the beaten egg in it . Don’t use any other binder like flour or gram flour . Only egg is enough for binding . If you use other binder , the kabab won’t taste good at all . After mixing the egg , you may find it bit soft to make shape . Don’t worry . Keep it in the fridge for a while like 15/ 20 minutes . Then you will find it easier to shape .
3. Heat oil in a fry pan and fry the kababs on medium low heat . Better to keep the kababs in fridge before you fry them .
1. Don’t use any binding like flour , bread or cornstarch . If you do so , the kabab won’t taste good at all .
2. Fry them on medium heat . It should not be deep fried but you need enough oil to fry them oil . Don’t fry them in small quantity of oil .