Stuffed Aloo Biriyani
Life without potato and eggs !!! Just can’t think of it !! My love for potato is so intense that there was a time I used to search for potatoes almost in every type of food preparation made back home !!It was a rainy ,cold day and I thought to make something new !! Why not try Aloo biriyani , but not any ordinary one , the stuffed aloo biriyani !! 🙂
For the stuffed potato:
1/2 cup keema ( beef/ mutton/ chicken)
Boil the keema with 1 tea spoon ginger-garlic paste , little soy sauce , 2 cardamoms , 1 small cinnamon stick and few black peppers . Dry out the water .
Now in a pan , heat oil and add the keema , fry , add some chopped onions and green chilies . At the end sprinkle a little garam masala powder .
For the gravy :
2 tea spoon ginger
1 tea spoon garlic
1 tea spoon red chili powder
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 th cup fried onion or bereshta
1 tea spoon sugar
Salt to taste
Whole green chilies
1 tea spoon garam masala paste (it is better if you make a paste using traditional Bangladeshi mortar pastle / pata -puta , it gives a unique flavor. Otherwise you can use powdered garam masala )
For the garam masala paste , take 1 black cardamom , 4 green cardamoms , 1 small cinnamon , 1 tea spoon fennel , 1 tea spoon cumin , 4 cloves , 4/5 black pepper , 1 tea spoon mace and 1/2 tea spoon nutmeg .
For the Rice :
4 Cups of aromatic rice like Kalojjera/ Chinigura or Basmati
1 tea spoon ginger paste
4 green cardamoms , 1 small cinnamon stick , 1 black cardamom , 1 star anise
salt to taste
saffron soaked in milk
Hand full of green chilies
1. Boil the potatoes 70% with skin on . It must not be fully boiled . Noe remove the skin and cut in halves crosswise . Scoop out the potaotes from the middle keeping the borders intact with the help of a knife . Now stuff with keema . Don’t stuff loosely or else the keema will come out after adding them in the gravy .
2. Heat ghee and add the potatoes . Fry a bit . Remove from the ghee .
3. Blend yogurt with bereshta . Now add ginger-garlic paste to the ghee . Fry very well , so that the raw smell goes away . Now add chili powder and salt. Fry well adding water little by little . When the “Koshano” is over add the garam masala paste , cook a little and add blended yogurt . Cook . Add the stuffed potatoes . Add sugar and whole , cracked green chilies . When the gravy is reduced a bit , sprinkle keora water . Don’t dry out the gravy . We need the gravy for the biriyani . Now remove the potatoes from the gravy and keep aside .
4. Wash the rice and drain out the water . Heat ghee and add whole garam masalas . Add the ginger paste, salt and rice . Add the gravy , which is about 3/4 th cup . Now add 6 cups of hot water and cook with lid on on medium flame . When the water is dried out , add the saffron milk and generous amount of keora , green chilies and keep it on “dom” or low heat for about half n hour . I use double boiler method . I take the same size pot , filled with water and place the biriyani pot over it . The steam making the “Dom” stuff !!
5. When you are serving , spread 1 layer of rice and put some potatoes over it . Spread another layer of rice and put the potatoes over it . You can garnish with chopped almond , bereshta and fried raisins or kishmish too .
Enjoy !!! 🙂
obviously like your website but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
A number of them are rife with spelling
issues and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality on the other hand I will surely come back again.