Who said you can’t make restaurant style tandoori chicken at home ?? Who said, you need ready made brand tandoori masala to get the authentic flavor ?? They are wrong !! Try this recipe and find on your own . 😀
5 pieces of chicken leg ( Thigh and drumstick together)
1/2 ( half) cup of yogurt
2 teaspoon finely grated ginger ( almost look like paste)
1 heaped teaspoon finely grated garlic
1 tea spoon chili powder
1 heaped tea spoon paprika( it helps to bring out color)
1 tea spoon cinnamon powder
1/2 tea spoon nutmeg( jaifol) powder
1 tea spoon roasted and finely grinded cumin ( jeera) powder
Salt to taste
Pinch of red and orange food color
1/4 th cup oil+ 1 tbl spoon ghee
1 tea spoon keora water
1 and half tea spoon special masala
For the special masala :
Dry roast 2/3 red chilies , 1 tbl spoon cumin , 1 tbl spoon whole coriander , 4/5 cardamom pods , 2 tea spoon fennel ( mouri) , 9-10 cloves , 1 tea spoon black pepper , 1 tea spoon mace ( javetri) , 4/5 all spice . Now grind them into a fine powder . But remember don’t make the red dry chilies too dark or burnt.
Other ingredients :
To smoke the chicken :
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with all the ingredients. Smoke the chicken . To give the smoke , take a burning coal in a small metal or foil bowl . Place it over the chicken and add the ghee over the coal . Cover the bowl of the chicken with a lid so that the smoke is sealed inside . Keep it like this for 10 minutes . Now take out the coal , cover the bowl with plastic or cling film and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours . The more , the better .
This is how we smoke :
2. Pre heat the oven to 400 FH and bake the chicken for 20 – 25 minutes and then broil it another 15-20 minutes @ the same temperature or until the surface is little charred . You can add some onion rings over the chicken just 10 minutes before you turn off the oven . 🙂
3. Serve hot with naan , paratha or polau . 🙂
1. To get the bright red color , do not use the red color only , that would give a kind of pinkish repulsive red color on the chicken . 😦 So to get the perfect color mix red and orange food color together .
2. Please , do smoke the chicken to get the authentic flavor . Don’t skip this part . Many are confused to lit the coal . I always do on my stove top . It’s nothing really difficult .
3. The time in the oven always varies depending on each oven . While broiling , don’t put the baking tray so close to the heat . In some oven things get broiled sooner than others . So always keep an eye while broiling .
its yummy… can we do it on stove?
sure … why not .. just heat the grill pan with little oil and then grill on stove .. 🙂
When making special masala..what does all spices mean??
allspice is a black pepper look alike spice .. 🙂
what is all spice
unmean kabab chini
yes apu. all spice means kabab chini
what is the special masala you wrote here?
api, apnar tandoori ta eto juicy thake kemne ? mashAllah..amar to oven e dile shukhiye khotkhota hoye jay..any tips:(
The tips is marinate it with good amount of oil along with other ingredients . And while grilling and baking don’t over do .. 🙂
tried this recipe with a bit of cheating :P. Came out really good Alhamdulillah! Smoking technic brought amazing flavour to the chicken and it was a lot easier than I thought. Barbecue charcoal can be put on stove top directly.
Thank you Khadiza apu 🙂
apu fridge er kon part chicken rakhbo??normal or deep?
Hi…can u tell me how many grams of chicken this masala is for.I wnat to know the quantity for 1 kg chicken.tanx 😉
Apu 3 ta chicken or 3 kg chicken a spice er amount koto hobe?