Classic Chana bhuna/ chola bhuna/ boot bhuna
Iftar in Ramadan in Bangladesh is synonymous with Chaana bhuna !!! This is the must item in iftar !!! Here you go with the classic chana bhuna recipe !!!
2 cups of Kala chana / black chickpea
1/2 cup sliced onion
2 tea spoon ginger paste
1 tea spoon garlic paste
Less than half tea spoon turmeric powder
1/2 tea spoon chili powder
1/2 tea spoon cumin powder ( dry roasted and grinded)
1/2 tea spoon garam masala powder
3/4 th teaspoon chaat masala
1 potato , boiled
2 dried chilies ( optional)
2 split green chilies
1 tea spoon lemon zest
Salt to taste
2 tbl spoon thin tamarind juice ( optional)
Other ingredients :
Dried chilies , fried ( for garnish)
Julian cut ginger
1. Soak the black chick pea for at least 5/6 hours .
2. Boil the chickpeas and potato . Drain out the water . Don’t add any salt . Now wash the chickpeas in freash water . Drain well .
3. Heat oil . Temper with dried chilies . Add the sliced onion . Fry until soft . Add the ginger paste , garlic paste . Add little water , then add turmeric, chili powder , garam masala powder . Fry well . add the boiled potato , cut in cubes . Add the chickpeas . Fry for a while . Add salt and water . Add the tamarind juice and split green chilies . Don’t add too much water . Around Half a cup .
4. When the water dries out stir continuously so than it’s not burnt. Add the cumin powder and chaat masala . Mix with lemon zest .
5. Garnish with julian cut ginger , fried red chilies and sliced onion .