This summer , my seven years old daughter was supposed to attend kid’s baking course !!! But because of my surgery she is getting bored at home and looking at her , I feel sad too !! So decided to make something fun with her !! What about a bread , but a teddy bear one !! 😀
2 and 1/2 cups of All purpose flour
2 tea spoon instant active yeast
2 tea spoon sugar
3/4 th tea spoon salt
2 tbl spoon powder milk
1 beaten egg
3 tbl spoon oil +2 tbl spoon melted butter
1/2 cup + 2 tbl spoon liquid warm milk ( you may need little more to make a soft dough)
Other ingredients :
1. Mix all the ingredients for bread except oil . Be careful while adding luke warm milk. If you use too hot water the yeast might get killed , and if you use room temperature or cold water, the yeast won’t wake up !!!!!! In both case the dough will not rise and everything will go in vain . So always use luke warm water in any recipe where you have yeast as an ingredient.
2. Knead well . The dough will be very sticky . Now add the oil . Now it’s easier to work with the dough. Knead very well . The more you knead, the softer bun you get . Knead at least 8-10 minutes . The dough should be glossy and if you touch with the tip of your finger , that should feel like the earlobe . 😀 Put the dough into a closed lid box and place it in a warm place . Don’t forget to rub the box with oil and rub some oil on the dough ball too. It may take an hour or more to get the dough double in volume . If it becomes fluffy and double in volume , the dough is ready to make the bun.
3. Punch down all the air form the dough . Now Make two big balls from the dough . One is little small then the other. The small ball will be for the face and the bog one for body . Make seven more small balls for hands , legs , ears and nose . You may make a bow too , if making a girl teddy !! Now add the raisins to create eyes , bellybutton and nose .
4. Cover the teddy with a cling film , plastic wrap or wet cloth for 15-20 minutes more to rise up a little again . This is called second proofing . In the mean time preheat the oven at 400 FH . Brush the teddy with egg .
6. Now bake them at 400 FH ( 200 centigrade) in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes . It took me 20 minutes. Plz don’t over bake them, you may end up with hard buns .
After taking out from oven and rubbing some melted butter.