I have never been a “bread pudding” lover !! I don’t hate it either !! But it’s nice to have some of your friends at your place, to have brunch together and who are absolutely in love with the bread pudding you make !! 😀
2 cups or 6 slices of white bread cut in small cubes ( per bread , 4 cubes )
1 large egg
1 and 1/2 cup of milk ( You can use evaporated and regular milk together, or even heavy cream)
2 tbl spoon melted butter
Extra butter to spread on the bread
1/4 th tea spoon cinnamon
1/4 th tea spoon of nutmeg
1/2 cup- 3/4 th cup sugar ( according to your taste)
2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
For the Crumble :
1/4 th cup all purpose flour
2 tbl spoon butter
2 tbl spoon broun sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 FH
2.Cut the brown edges of bread ( not necessary ). Spread butter on each slice . Now cut in cubes .
3. Arrange the bread slices on the vaking ware .
4. In another bowl beat egg , milk and sugar with a fork . You can use the blender too . Now add cinnamon and nutmeg powder and vanilla essence . Add the melted butter .
5. Pour over bread until they are covered . Lightly press down with the back of the spoon to make sure the mixture is well absorved . You can add some dry fruits over it at this point . Let it rest for 15 -30 minutes until the milk is almost absorbed .
6. Now make the crumble . Cut the butter in small cubes . Mix flour and sugar . Now add the butter and mix with your hand until crumbly . Now spred it over the bread .
7. Bake the pudding for about 40 minutes or until if toothpick inserted comes out clean . 🙂
Serve with caramel sauce !!!
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2/3 rd cup heavy cream or milk ( cream is better)
1 tbl spoon vanilla
In a pot add butter and sugar . Heat until the butter melts and the sugar is incorpared in the butter . Add the heavy cream and vanilla and allow to thicken a bit . Ready !!
Apu, what is the size of your baking pan? Is it 9×13?