We had one of our American friends at our place for lunch . He is vegetarian but not vegan . So decided to make veg pizza though not completely a vegan one as I used generous amount of garlic in the sauce . Everyone enjoyed the pizza including my meatlover daughter .
Ingredients : ( For two 10″ round pizzas)
For the Pizza dough:
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tea spoon instant active dry yeast
1/2 ( half) tbl spoon sugar
3/4 th tea spoon-1 tea spoon salt ( depending on the quality of salt)
2 tbl spoon + 1 tea spoon, olive or any vegetable oil
Warm water/ milk , around 1/2 cup- 2/3 rd cup or enough to make a medium soft dough
1/2 tbl spoon Italian seasoning
For the Pizza Sauce:
6 tbl spoon bar b q sauce
10 tbl spoon tomato ketcup
2 tea spoon- 1 tbl spoon ( according to your taste) freasly grated garlic
1/2 tea spoon oregano
1 tbl spoon olive oil
For the topping :
Bell peppers/ capsicum
1 and 1/4 th cup grated cheese ( I used 4 cheese of mozzarella , chedder , monterery jack and parmesaen)
1. Mix flour with sugar and salt . Now add the yeast and 1 tbl spoon oil . Now add the little warm water slowly to form a medium soft dough . Don’t add too hot or room temperature water . Too hot water may kill the bacteria of yeast and room temperature water will not activate yeast , both resulting in not risen up dough . Add other 1 tbl spoon of oil . Knead very oil . The more you knead , the better is the result . The dough must be smooth . If you find your hand little sticky ,wet your hand with little oil and knead . Make a ball out of the dough .Now rub 1 tea spoon oil all over the dough and keep it in a greased closed lid box in a warm plac for an hour or more or until it doubles up .
2. In the mean time make the sauce combining al the ingredients .
3. When the dough doubled up, punch down all the air from the dough and roll it in two thin round disks on a lightly flour dusted surface . You can prick the surface of the pizza with fork , if you want it thin, so that it won’t rise much in the oven . Don’t forget to preheat the oven to 450 FH .
4. Spread the pizza sauce . Now add the toppings , except cheese . Add the cheese at the end . Immediately bake it in the pre heated oven to 400 FH . Remember , when you pre-heated the oven , you preheated @ 450 but while baking the temperature should be 400 FH . I baked it in a rectangular tray , as I don’t have any pizza stone . I did line it with parchment paper . Well some people doesn’t do it as they love the crust underneath too . Bake for 20 minutes and if you wish you can broil another 5 minutes to brown the cheese onthe top . Using too much veggie might make the pizza soggy . So it’s always recommended not to use too much veggies that exerts water and broiling helps to dry out those extra moisture from the pizza
5. I always love lightly brown crusted pizza . Never liked too much crusty or soft pizza bread . If you want a little more crust , just after 5 minutes before you take out the pizza from the oven , bush olive oil mixed with garlic on the edges of the pizza and bake for last 5 minutes . 🙂