For Paratha Dough:
3/4 th cup all purpose flour
1/4 th cup white atta ( wheat flour)
1 tea spoon oil
1/4 -1/3rd cup of room temperature or cold water
pinch of baking powder ( optional )
1/2 tea spoon sugar
A pinch of ajwain
For the filling:
1 medium sized radish , grated , about 1 cup
1 tea spoon ginger paste
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
1/2 tea spoon dry roasted cumin powder
1/4 th tea spoon chaat masala
2 tbl spoon finely sliced onion
Finely minced green chilies
1/2 tea spoon whole cumin
A pinch of ajwain
Ghee or oil
Other ingredients :
Ghee/ utter/ oil
1. Mix salt ( around 1/2 -3/4 th tea spoon) with grated radish and keep aside for 15 minutes . It will help releasing water . Now squeeze out all the water from the radish . You can save the water for the paratha dough . If you use it to make the dough , don’t use any extra salt in the dough . Add water in the dough if needed.
2. Heat ghee or oil and add whole jeera and ajwain . When crackling add the ginger paste . Fry for a while . Add the turmeric powder and add the radish .Add the cumin powder and chat masala . Turn off the stove . Then mix the onions and green chilies with the radish . Don’t add any salt as the radish was mixed in salt before squuezing out the water . If needed , you can use a little or according to your taste .
3. Make a dough with the ingredients mentioned for the paratha dough . Knead very well . Then cover it with a damp cloth for about half and hour .
4. Make balls from the dough . You will have 3 balls from the dough . Roll them into a small disk . Now put some filling in and seal the ball . Now roll it into paratha .
If you want square paratha , roll the small balls , then rub some butter or ghee over the rotis then fill in with the fillings and foldthe edges like the pictureand roll out . I find the second square method perfect . The filling from the paratha ooze out less while rolling , looks fabulous!!!
By the way , don’t worry when you see , filling is coming out from the paratha while rolling them out . It’s quite okay .
4. Now fry the parathas without oil first then fry adding 1 tbl spoon ghee pr oil on each side of the paratha . If you want a crispier version fry the parathas using more oil or ghee on medium low flame .
Serve hot !!!!