Roti Telur is Indonesian / Malaysian version of stuffed paratha , quite similar like our Bangladeshi style mughlai paratha , but only difference is roti telur is much more thinner than our version . Usually roti telur has only egg as stuffing , but I used chicken too .
For the dough , please go through my roti canai post . Here is the link
Ingredients for the Filling :
1/2 cup Chicken breast , cut in small and thin stripes
2 tbl spoon soy sauce
2 tea spoon ginger paste
1/2 tea spoon green chili paste
1/4 th cup cabbage
1 egg, beaten
Thinly sliced onion
Green chili chopped
Salt to taste
Mix the chicken with soy sauce , ginger paste , chili paste. Heat oil and add the chicken pieces . Fry until tender . Add the cabbage . fry for a while . When the cabbage is soft turn off the stove . If needed sprinke some salt . Now add the sliced onion and chopped gree chilies and mix with the hot chicken .
Beat an egg with little salt . We will use it later .
1. Mix 2 cups flour with 2 tea spoon sugar , salt, baking powder and 1 tbl spoon ghee/ oil/ butter . Add enough water or milk to make a medium soft dough . It took me around half a cup of milk . Cover with a wet cloth. Now let the dough rest for at least 1 hour . The dough will be very stretchy .
2. Make 5- 6 balls with the dough . Flatten by your palms and submerge the balls into enough oil . Let it rest for another 10 minutes .
3. Rub oil on the working surface and all over the rolling pin . Now start rolling the balls . Roll until paper thin . You will find it easier to roll out , because oil and the stretchy dough will help you to complete the job .
4. Rub some butter/ shortening or dalda on the paper thin sheet . Dry out with loose flour . It would make the paratha flaky. Now spread the filling evenly . Add the beaten egg on the top of the filling . Now fold it like an envelope. Try to do all these near by the stove , since the roti is vey thin , it may get ripped off . And don’t use hot filling that would also tear off the roti . Immediately place it on hot oil .
5. It doesn’t need to be deep fried , but you need enough oil to fry the roti . Fry on medium low flame .