Baking a pineapple upside down cake is always fun !!! The cake itself is so gorgeous that you don’t need any thing else to make the cake look pretty . So when I heard my cousin is coming over to see me , and that was in a very short notice , the first thing came to my mind for dessert is this pretty pretty cake !!
1 can of pineapple in syrup
2 tbl spoon melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar ( enough to dry out and cover the melted butter)
Candied or maraschino cherries
2 eggs ( room temperature) , egg yolk and white separated
1 cup of all purpose flour ( I took 2/3 rd cup of all purpose flour + 1/3 rd cup cake flour)
3/4 th cup sugar , powdered
1/3 rd cup oil + 2 tbl spoon melted butter
1/3 rd cup syrup from the pineapple can
1 tea spoon baking powder
1 tea spoon vanilla essence
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 FH .
2. Grease a 8′ x 8″ square pan . Now put the melted butter into the pan . Coat the pan evenly with the butter . Add the brown sugar to cover and dry out the melted butter . Arrange the pineapple rings over the brown sugar . Put one cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring .
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff . Set aside . In another separate bowl,beat the oil , butter , sugar until light , add the egg yolks one at a time . Add the syrup and vanilla essence.
4. Sieve the flour , baking powder . Now fold in the flour with egg mixture . Now fold the meringue into the batter in three batches . It should be a velvety smooth batter .
5. Pour the batter over the prepared pan . Tap for few times . Now immediately bake for 35-40 minutes or until if toothpick inserted comes out clean .
6. Cool down the cake before you turn it over from the pan . If it is not cooled , the pineapple may come out from the cake . Give it some time to set on the cake , then turn it over . 🙂
Serve it plain or with whipped cream or icecream !!!