Who doesn’t love a rich , moist , flavorful slice of a chocolate cake ? If you are a chocolate lover , give this recipe a try . 🙂
2 eggs ( room temperature), separated + 1 additional egg yolk ( optional)eg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tbl spoon Mayonnaise
1 and 1/2 cup + 1 tbl spoon sugar ( powdered)
1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour ( I took 3/4 th cup cake flour+ 3/4 th cup all purpose flour)
1/3 rd cup of good quality cocoa powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup brewed coffee ( or you can take 1/2 cup of boiling hot water and add 1 teaspoon instant coffee in it )
1 tea spoon baking soda
1 tea spoon baking powder
2 tea spoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 325 FH and grease a line two 8″ baking pans with parchment papers.
2. Beat the egg whiye until stiff . But don’t overbeat . The meringue should not be dry .
3. Beat the oil , mayonnaise and sugar until fluffy. Add in the egg yolks one at a time . Beat . Now add the buttermilk and vanilla essence and beat to incorporate .
4. Sieve flour , cocoa powder , baking powder and baking soda together . Fold in the egg mixture with coffee starting and ending with flour . Like add 1/3 rd of flour , mix well , add coffee , then again flour , then coffee , ending with flour . The batter may seem runny , but the batter should be like this . Now Fold in the egg whites with the batter taking one-third of it at a time .
5. Pour the batter in the prepared molds , tap few times then bake for 40 minutes or until if a skewer inserted comes out clean . Don’t overbake .
6. Cool the cakes in a wire rack . Then frost with frosting and cover with chocolate ganache .
Chocolate Ganache :
4 oz ( 2/3 rd cup) of semi sweet dark chocolate chips
1/4 th cup heavy milk
Melt te chocolate with heavy milk using double method boiler or in the microwave . If using microwave , careful don’t burn the chocolate. Don’t expect the chocolate fully melted in the oven . If you do so , the chocolate may get burnt . After 30 seconds take it out from oven and stir with a spoon . If warm enough the chocolate will melt while stirring . If not microwave for another few seconds .
Cool down a bit before applying on the cake .
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 th cup cream cheese ( optional)
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 th cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted in 2 tbl spoon butter .
Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy . Add the melted chocolate ( must not be hot) into it and beat until incorporated .
For melting the chocolate warm 2 tbl spoon butter first and then pour it over the chocolate chips . Stir until melted and cooled down a little .
If you don’t have buttermilk , take 1/2 cup of like warm whole milk , then add 1 tbl spoon vinegar into it . Stir and keep it aside for 15 minutes . Buttermilk is ready .
Instead of butter milk r ki dea jay ? R baking soda ay muhurte ghore nai , na dile ki cake hobe na ? Pls janio apu ..
ek cup dudh halka gorom kore 1 tbl spoon vinegar dilei tomar buttermilk ready ..
baking soda ei dhooner chocolate cake er jonno essential , color r texture er jonno .. na dileo cake hobe , tobe texture wise perfect hobe na .. 🙂