Usually pound cakes doesn’t require separating eggs while making the batter , but if you want a dense but lighter , cotton soft version go for this technique . Trust me , you will love the cake !! 😀
2 eggs , separed ( egg yolks and whites are separated)
1 and 1/4 th cup all purpose flour / maida
1 tea spoon baking powder
1/4 th tea spoon baking soda
2 tbl spoon powder milk
2/3 rd + 1 tbl spoon powdered sugar
1/3 rd cup oil + 4 tbl spoon ( 1/4 th cup)butter
2 tbl spoon cream cheese ( optional , but works great )
Little less than 1/3 rd cup evoparated milk or regular full fat milk
2 tbl spoon orange juice
1 tea spoon vanilla essence
3/4 th cup tuttie fruttie or candied fruits
Half tbl spoon orange zest/ lemon zest
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 FH.Line and grease the cake pan .
2. Separate the egg yolks from whites . Careful , there must not be a drop of yolk in the white . Take a clean bowl , without any trace of fat or water . keep the whites there . Now beat the whites with an electric beater or mixer until stiff but not dry . keep it aside .
3. Sieve the flour , baking powder , baking soda together . Add the orange/ lemon zest in it . Add the tuttie fruttie and mix well .
4. Now in another separate bowl cream the butter, oil , sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy . Add in the yolks , one at a time . Add the milk , add the orange juice . Mix well . Now fold in the flour in three batches . Fold in the beaten egg whites in three batches too until well incorporated . The batter may look heavy but in order to get the tuttie fruttie evenly spread out , we need heavy batter .
5. Pour in the prepared pan , tap for few times and bake immediately for 45-50 minutes or until if toothpick inserted comes out clean . Each oven acts differently , so keep an eye on the time , it may be done earlier or may take some more time . But don’t open the door of the oven too frequently not before the cake rises .
In some oven the top of the cakes get colored too easily . To prevent over browning and cracks , for smooth , even cake top , I often use tent method . Just before putting in the oven make an aluminium tent over the pan and remove it after 30 minutes of baking or when the cake has risen completely . You can check the link for this method ;
Don’t cut the cake immediately . Cool down completely , then cut . This cakes get best flavor with time . So try to consume at least 4 or 5 hours after baking . I always enjoy these cakes the next day . But store it in a close lid box . 🙂
That’s a pretty pound cake, Khadiza! I love pound cake with a scoop of ice cream! 🙂
Thank u .. 🙂
API Kota theke tutti frutti kino Tumi? Tomar tutti fruitti r packet dekhaw, pls
desher baire hole jekono Indian store e powa jai .. r Dhaka te hole Newmarket ba Gulshan DCC market e paowa jaabe .. na pele morobbao use kora jai .. colored chaile , color paani te gule shei paani te morobba bhijiye rekhe chipe paani ber kore use kora jai .. 🙂
Apu trutti fruit kothai pabo
Hi, khadiza apu….thank u for this superb cake recipe !!! I have a question that, do u mean by candied fruits that are found in cans of tin, which is dipped in sugar syrup or in other preservt. solution???? Another quest is, Can I use dried fruits found in plastic packets? Is it good for this type of fruitty pound cake?…….pls try to reply apu…..
no no candied fruit means dried fruit or morobba .. sure you can use dried fruits .. 🙂
Pingback: Tutti Frutti Cupcakes / Muffins | Khadiza's Kitchen
Apu, Thank you so much for the recipe! Definitely going to try it in the coming weekend! Achcha apu eta aar “Deshi bakery style Fruit cake” ki similar taste hobey? I want to make this one, but bashay condensed milk baki porey achey 😦 Please let me know!
oirokom e taste hobe … 🙂