Who are regular follower of my facebook page, must have already known that I am a “Kabab Freak “. Yes , I am and I am proud of it . 😀
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite kabab , “beef boti kabab”‘s recipe with you . Don’t forget to try it . 🙂 But before that , I would love to share few tips that would make your kabab taste exactly like the restaurants ;
1. Marination is very important . Marinate the meat for at least 24 hours .
2. Tenderize the meat applying good amount of green papaya paste or grated green papaya , and don’t forget the skin !!! Take the papaya with skin !!!
3.Add generous amount of Mustard oil ( shorishar tel) in the marination !!!!
4. Don’t forget to smoke the meat with coal !!
500 gram undercut boneless beef , cut in cubes
2 tea spoon garlic paste
2 tea spoon ginger paste
2 tbl spoon finely chopped onion
1 tbl spoon finely grated raw papaya with skin
1/3 rd cup yogart
1/2 tea spoon cinnamon powder
1/2 tea spoon nutmeg powder
3/4 th tea spoon roasted cumin powder
1 tea spoon ( heaped) red chili powder
1 tea spoon paprika powder
1 tea spoon garam masala or kabab masala
1/4 th cup mustard oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut the meat into thin 2″ or 3 ” strips .
2. Marinate the meat with papaya paste first then with all the ingredients. Marinate for at least 24 hours . Keep it in the refrigerator .
3. Light a coal completely . It should be all burning . Now place it on a metal or small aluminum bowl . Add this bowl over the bowl of meat . Add ghee all over the coal and cover with a lid to smoke the meat completely . Keep it like this 10-15 minutes .
4. Skew the meat pieces into the skewer . Rub some extra oil over it .
5.Preheat the oven to 400 FH . Now bake the kababs for 30 minutes . Broil it another 15- 20 minutes .
Enjoy with paratha , naan or ruti !!
Apu, what type of meat is good for this kabab like which beef cuts (rib/short loin)? Thanks in advance apu!
what can i do if i don’t want to use coal
Marinate kortesi ajke. Doa koren 🙂
Thanks for Sharing. very nice Blog