Beef Pakki Biriyani, very easy to make, yet very delicious….A Variation of Beef Tehari
- Beef: 2 Lbs (cut them in larger pieces)
- Rice (uncooked): (Kalijeera or Basmati): 1 Lbs
- Potato: 4 (cut in half – vertically)
- Onion Paste: ¾ Cup
- Ginger Paste: 1 ½ TBSP (tablespoon)
- Garlic Paste: 1 TBSP (tablespoon)
- Yogurt: ¼ Cup
- Red Chili Powder: 1 TSP
- Clove (lobongo): 4
- Cardamom (Elachi): 4
- Cinnamon (Darchini): 2 pieces, 1 inch each
- Bay Leaf (Tej Pata): 2 small
- Biriyani Masala Mix: (Dry fry on a pan and then grind the following together to make the mix): ½ TSP each of whole Cumin, Coriander, Mace (Jaifal), Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper, and ¼ TSP of Mace (Jayatree or Javantri).
- Mustard Oil: 2 TBSP (Tablespoon)
- Vegetable Oil: 2 TBSP (Tablespoon)
- Salt: 2 TSP (teaspoon)
- Whole spices to cook the rice: 1 Bay Leaf, 2 Cardamom, 2 pieces of Cinnamon and 1 medium sliced onion.
- Green Chili: 10 Pieces
- Milk: ½ Cup
- Pitted Prune (Aloo Bokhara): 6 – 10 pieces
- Keora Water: 1 TSP
1. Cut the beef into big pieces..now marinaate it with 3/4th cup onion paste,1 and 1/2 (half) tbl spoon ginger paste, 1 tbl spoon garlic paste, 1/4th cup yogurt, red chilli powder, salt, elachi/cardamom, darchini/cinnamon, tejpata/bayleaf, , musturd oil( shorishar tel)+vegetable oil( half n half)…
2. Now cook the meat on medium heat. You need to cook it adding water little by little, that we call “Koshano” in Bangla for quite long..atleast for 1 hour..Add water covering the meat..cover with lid…When the gravy is reduced add potatos cut in lengthwise…But remember the potatos must not be fully done when the gravy is dried out….when the gravy is almost drying out add 1/4th (one-fourth cup) of regular milk.Dry out the gravy.
3. Microwave or dry roast cumin , whole corriander, cardamom,mace ( joyetree), nutmeg ( jaifol), black pepper, clove together…Grind them into a fine powder and add into the meat.
4. Now in another vessel heat ghee and fry whole garam masalas. Add sliced onin..Fry until golden brown.Add 2 teaspoon of ginger paste and salt to taste.Add the uncooked rice/chaal .Add the meat.If your meat gathers some extra oil then put less ghee while cooking the rice. If You take 2 cups( measuring cup) of rice then add 3 cups of hot water. Cover the lid. Don’t stir.
5. Now when the water is almost dried out add plenty of green chilies, 1/4 th cup milk and dried plum/alubokhara. Turn your stove on low heat that we call to keep the biriyani on “Dom”. Sprinkle some keora water before serving!!!!!!!!!!!
Bon A Petit!!!!!!!!