1. Fillet of any fish, I took 2 fillets of Tilapia
2. Chopped onion 1 medium onio
3. Onion Paste 2 tbl spoon
4. Chopped Garlic 2 cloves
5. Garlic Paste 1/2 (half) teaspoon
6. Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
7.Tamarind sauce/Tamarind to taste.
8.Indian 5 spices ( crushed) 1 teaspoon
9.Chopped tomato 1 small
10. Turmeric powder half teaspoon
11. Red Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon
12.Cumin half teaspoon
13. Whole Coriander half teaspoon
14.Mustard oil 1 teaspoon.
15. Salt and sugar to taste.
16. Bell peppers cubed and green chilies
1.Take any fish fillet…I took tilapia fillet…Cut them into cubes…..Wash them thoroughly..rub them with salt,lil turmeric and red chili powder…Fry them a little while..Don’t over fry them…
2.Now in oil put sliced onion..Fry them till tender. Add finely chopped garlic and fry them until the onion and garlic gets light brown..Add salt, onion paste and ginger paste, little turmeric and chili powder in it…You need to cook the spices very well adding water little by little.
3. Add chopped tomato ..Add water when the tomatos are completely dissolved in the gravy..Add fish cubes in the gravy..Add lilttle tetul chunney ( store bought Indian tamarind sauce)in it..:).. You can use tamarind, soaked in water .In that case use little sugar with it.
4.When the gravy is reducing add green chilies and cubed bell peppers…
5.Now the final part, for the achari flavor, crush pachforon( Indian 5 spices) , whole corriander seed and little cumin seed together..put them into the gravy…add 1 teaspoon mustard oil over the fish , cover the lid, and keep it on very low flame for 5 min ..( which we call to keep on “Dom” in Bangla)…ready.. You may add little sugar to sharpen the taste..:)
Not only fillet, you can try this recipe with regular cut fishes too.