Kathiawari aloo / tok-mishti dom aloo
Baby potatos / potatos, boiled 1 lb
Tamarind juice ( thin) half cup
Jaggery/ akher gur 1 and half tbl spoon or according to your taste
Chili powder half a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Food color ( optional)
Ginger paste 1 and half teaspoon
Garam masala powder half teaspoon
Achari masala 1 tbl spoon
For the achari masala , dry roast 2 teaspoon cumin , 2 tea spoon whole coriander , half a teaspoon Indian 5 spice ( paanchforon), half a teaspoon fennel seed ( sauf) and 4 dry chilies. Grind them into a smooth powder .
1. Peel the boiled potatoes and rub little food color and salt .
2. In a bowl, take tamarind juice, jaggery , salt, chili powder, achari masala and garam masala powder . Mix well.
2. Heat oil in a wok and add the potatoes . Cover the lid and cook on medium low flame stirring occasionally. Add the curry leaves.Add the ginger paste, stir and fry a little while. Now add the tamarind mixture and cook until the gravy almost dried out . Add some green chilies and cover the lid . Reduce the heat on very low flame , that’s what we call to keep on “dom” . Keep the Wok on that flame for atleast 5 minutes or until the oil separates.
1. You may alwayz adjust suagar and salt depending on your taste. Likewise you may add a little extra achari mashla while adjusting the taste.
2. You may add 1 teaspoon of mustard oil at the end of cooking and name it ACHARI ALOO too !!!!!!!! 😀