Mutton Biriyani and Shami Kabab
Mutton biriyani: the ratio of meat and rice should be 2:1..
1 kg mutton: 500 gram kalijeera chaal..
1.marinate the mutton with onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, 1/2 cup yogurt, salt,lil corriander powder, chilli powder,bayleaf, chinnamon, and garam masala powder made of cumin(jeera), corriander ( dhone), cardamom( elach), black pepper ( golmorich), mace ( joyetree) , nutmeg ( jaifol) for at least 8/9 hours..it will make the mutton tender and won’t smell a bit..
2. put oil in the pot and cook the meat…bhalo kore koshiye koshiye tarpor cook korte hobe…gravy ekdom kome ashle alu dite hobe…alu ta puro shidhdho hobe na, karon rice’r shathe dear por r na hole gole jaabe…when the gravy is almost drying out add milk and dry out the gravy..
3. wash the rice and put ghee/ oil in the pot..add sliced onion..add bayleaf, cinnamon, cardamom..fry the onion until brown..add tginger paste..then add rice and salt …fry them for a while..add the meat…bhalo kore nere chere paani diye dite hobe…2 cup chaal er jonno 3 cup er moto hot water..add dried plum/ alu bokhara…cover the lid..when water is almost dried out add handfull of green chillies…ektu nere dite hobe jaate niche pora na laage but care ful beshi nara chara dile kintu bhorta bhorta hoye jaabe..just pash theke halka haate niche ektu uthiye dite hobe…ekhon dom e rakhte hobe..sprinkle keora water before serving…
Shami kabab: boil 1 cup of beef keema with 1/4 cup of chaana daal( aage theke chaana/buter daal min 4/5 ghonta bhijiye rakhte hobe), ginger-garlic paste, bayleaf, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, soy sauce…when water dried out blend the kima without adding any water…then add onion bereshta, chopped mint, chopped green chillies, 1 or 2 eggs and lil salt if needed..shepe them and deep fry at medium low flame…..its better to keep them on refrigerator for a while before frying…
January 23, 2013 in Biriyani, Rice and Grains
Tagged bANGLADESHI bIRIYANI, Biriyani, Indian Biriyani, Kabab, Kachchi Biriyani, Kebab, Khashi, khashir biriyani, Mutton, Mutton Biriyani, Shami Kabab, Shami Kebab, Shemi Kebab, South aSIAN fOOD
Beef Pakki Biriyani, very easy to make, yet very delicious….A Variation of Beef Tehari
- Beef: 2 Lbs (cut them in larger pieces)
- Rice (uncooked): (Kalijeera or Basmati): 1 Lbs
- Potato: 4 (cut in half – vertically)
- Onion Paste: ¾ Cup
- Ginger Paste: 1 ½ TBSP (tablespoon)
- Garlic Paste: 1 TBSP (tablespoon)
- Yogurt: ¼ Cup
- Red Chili Powder: 1 TSP
- Clove (lobongo): 4
- Cardamom (Elachi): 4
- Cinnamon (Darchini): 2 pieces, 1 inch each
- Bay Leaf (Tej Pata): 2 small
- Biriyani Masala Mix: (Dry fry on a pan and then grind the following together to make the mix): ½ TSP each of whole Cumin, Coriander, Mace (Jaifal), Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper, and ¼ TSP of Mace (Jayatree or Javantri).
- Mustard Oil: 2 TBSP (Tablespoon)
- Vegetable Oil: 2 TBSP (Tablespoon)
- Salt: 2 TSP (teaspoon)
- Whole spices to cook the rice: 1 Bay Leaf, 2 Cardamom, 2 pieces of Cinnamon and 1 medium sliced onion.
- Green Chili: 10 Pieces
- Milk: ½ Cup
- Pitted Prune (Aloo Bokhara): 6 – 10 pieces
- Keora Water: 1 TSP
1. Cut the beef into big pieces..now marinaate it with 3/4th cup onion paste,1 and 1/2 (half) tbl spoon ginger paste, 1 tbl spoon garlic paste, 1/4th cup yogurt, red chilli powder, salt, elachi/cardamom, darchini/cinnamon, tejpata/bayleaf, , musturd oil( shorishar tel)+vegetable oil( half n half)…
2. Now cook the meat on medium heat. You need to cook it adding water little by little, that we call “Koshano” in Bangla for quite long..atleast for 1 hour..Add water covering the meat..cover with lid…When the gravy is reduced add potatos cut in lengthwise…But remember the potatos must not be fully done when the gravy is dried out….when the gravy is almost drying out add 1/4th (one-fourth cup) of regular milk.Dry out the gravy.
3. Microwave or dry roast cumin , whole corriander, cardamom,mace ( joyetree), nutmeg ( jaifol), black pepper, clove together…Grind them into a fine powder and add into the meat.
4. Now in another vessel heat ghee and fry whole garam masalas. Add sliced onin..Fry until golden brown.Add 2 teaspoon of ginger paste and salt to taste.Add the uncooked rice/chaal .Add the meat.If your meat gathers some extra oil then put less ghee while cooking the rice. If You take 2 cups( measuring cup) of rice then add 3 cups of hot water. Cover the lid. Don’t stir.
5. Now when the water is almost dried out add plenty of green chilies, 1/4 th cup milk and dried plum/alubokhara. Turn your stove on low heat that we call to keep the biriyani on “Dom”. Sprinkle some keora water before serving!!!!!!!!!!!
Bon A Petit!!!!!!!!
Posted in Biriyani
Tagged bANGLADESHI bIRIYANI, bANGLADESHI fOOD, Beef Biriyani, Birani, Biriyani, Desi Food, Gorur Birani, iNDIAN fOOD, pakki biriyani, South aSIAN fOOD, Tehari