Quick , easy , yummy carrot halwa
Yayyyyyyyyyy!! We have crossed 3, 00, 000 hits in less than 1 and half year !!!! Alhamdulillah!!! Thank you so much all my readers !! You always being my strength and inspiration!!! Let’s celebrate with something sweet but luscious !!! What can be the best choice other than gorgeous looking carrot halwa !!! Though I’m not a great fan of carrots , but this halwa , I really adore . So easy to make , nutritious and comparatively less calorie than other halwas .
Before we proceed to the recipe , let’s focus on a very important matter. Have you ever noticed , following the same recipe , not each carrot halwa is same in color . The reason behind , two different colors of carrots . There are orange colored carrots and red-orange colored carrots . The best color comes from the darker colored carrots .
The left one is the orange colored carrot , while the right one is little darker , red-orange colored carrots . The best halwas are made of this red-orange colored carrots .
And another important thing is adding milk or water to boil carrot ruins the color a lot . I’ll share some more tips at the end of the recipe . 🙂
2 cups of grated carrot
1/2 ( half) cup sugar
2-3 tbl spoon ghee
Nuts for garnishing
For home made maowa , take 1/2 cup ( half) powder milk with 3/4 th cup of heavy cream or regular milk and 1 tea spoon ghee. Microwave for 1 minute or longer until the liquid dries . Check every 30 seconds . But careful , maowa gets dry after it cools down . So don’t dry up too much .
1. Peel and finely grate the carrots . Now mix with sugar . Put them in a pan , preferably non-stick one , cover with the lid tightly and cook on low flame until the water from sugar and carrots dries out . As the pan is covered by the lid , the steam created inside will cook the carrot soon . Check after five minutes . Stir so that the carrot must not get burnt . Keep it like this another 2 minutes . This method helps to retain the color of the carrot and sugar enhances the color a lot . Make sure the stove is on low flame . If you find your carrots need some little more time to get done , take your time but stir occasionally .
2. Add ghee and mix well . Cook another 1 minute .
3. When cooled down add the maowa and mix well . Garnish with chopped nuts and raisins . 🙂
1. Don’t use any milk or water to boil the grated carrot . That ruins the color a lot .
2. Don’t use any cardamom , cinnamon or any spice . The flavor of good quality ghee is enough !! Try this and you will find the difference . 🙂
3. Try to grate the carrots as fine as you can . Use the fine side of the grater to grate the carrots .