Who doesn’t love onion rings !!! At least I can’t resist myself jump at those golden rings of joy , no matter what is the time , whatever is my health condition or where I am !! I just had a gall bladder removal surgery and I’m strictly told not to indulge myself in any junk and fried foods !! These days , I feel bad looking at my kids , they are bored and is missing my handmade foods !! So what would be a great excuse than that !! Decided to make a bowl of happiness – onion rings !! After ten dull days , I think I deserve a little happiness..
2 Medium sized onion , cut crosswise
For the batter:
3/4 th cup flour
2 tbl spoon cornstarch
1/2 cup- 3/4 th cup chilled water ( you may need a little more to make a thick batter)
1 tea spoon baking powder
1/4 th tea spoon baking soda
1 tea spoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
1 egg white, beaten ( optional, but I would recommend it )
For dredging :
Dry flour mixture :
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. Separate the rings from the onion slices .
2. Make a batter with the ingredients mentioned above . Coat the rings carefully with the batter .
3. Now dredge on the dry flour mixture .
4. Fry on medium flame until golden brown .
Chicken Cutlet in real boom boom way
For this super easy and quick recipe u need;
1. 3 pieces of thinly sliced (lengthwise) chicken breasts marinated in ginger-garlic paste, oyster sauce, soy sauce and a pinch of salt for atleast 2 hours. I bought the cutlet pieces ready made from store or you can slice each breast length-wise to create 2 cutlets for each breast. One thing to be noted, before you marinate the cutlets, don’t forget to prick them with fork very well.That would let the spices go into the chicken.
2. Flour-cornstarch Coating : Combine Flour, cornstarch, chili powder, salt and herbs of your choice like parsley..Place this mixture in a plate where the cutlets can be easily coated. I took half cup of all purpose flour and 2 tea spoon of corn starch..
3. Egg Mixture: Two beaten eggs .
4. Bread crumbs.
Now the process is very simple. Take one piece of Cutlets . Then dip it in egg mixture + then coat it with flour mixture + then again in egg mixture+ and finally coat it well with bread crumbs.
In a large skillet, pour enough vegetable (or Olive) oil to coat bottom of pan. Place skillet on Med-low heat and allow oil to heat up. Fry each cutlet until golden brown (usually around 4/5 minutes on each side depending on thickness). Place the cutlets on a paper towel for a minute or so to soak up any grease.
January 17, 2013 in Chicken, Chicken and Poultry, Snacks, Snacks and Lighter Fare
Tagged Chicken, Chicken Cutlet, Chicken Recipe, chicken snack.., Crispy Cutlet, Cutlet, easy cooking, Easy Cutlet recipe, easy snacks, Snacks, super quick cooking