Dim-Aloo-Posto ( Egg curry in poppy seed paste and with potato)
3 eggs (hard boiled)
potato, boiled and cubed, 1 medium
onion paste 1 medium
Poppy seed 4 tbl spoon
Turmeric powder half teaspoon
Red chili powder 1 tea spoon
Bayleaf, Cardamom and cinnamon
salt to taste
1. Make the poppy seed paste.For that crush the poppy seed very well in a grinder. Now add water to make a smooth paste. Your “POSTO BATA” /poppy seed paste is ready..:)
2. Rub little turmeric , chili powder on the eggs.Cut the eggs into halves. Fry both sides carefully in oil. Fry the potatoes.
3. In a pan heat oil, add the bayleaf, cinnamon and cardamom. Fry for a while. Add the onion paste. Add Chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook well adding water little by little. Now add the poppy seed paste.Cook for a minute. Add little water and put the eggs and potatoes. Cover the lid .Add some green chilies just few minutes back you turn off your stove.
Serve hot with rice..
1. To peel the eggs easily add little salt in the water while boiling the eggs.
2. You may add yellow mustard in this recipe too. For this just add 1 tea spoon of mustard with the poppy seed. Grind them into a smooth powder and add water to make a paste.