I love baking cakes and I love fish too . So how about something like savory cake or like meatloaf!!! I already have Tuna loaf recipe in my blog . You can take a look on that recipe too . Here’s the link of Tuna loaf recipe ,https://khadizaskitchen.com/2013/01/22/tuna-loaf/ . But this fish loaf recipe is completely different from the Tuna loaf recipe . I used Rohu fish , you can use any big fish . 🙂 The whole process has three parts . The first part involves boiling the fish pieces with little spice then debone them . Next step involves baking as a loaf and the third and final part is shallow frying in butter or oil . It tastes awesome . 🙂
8/9 big pieces of Rohu Fish , boiled with 2 tea spoon of ginger-garlic paste , salt and 1 bayleaf
1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
3 tbl spoon of sour cream
2 tbl spoon of heavy cream
2 tbl spoon of ghee
1 ta spoon of kabab masala
3 tbl spoon of Fried onion or breshta
1/2 cup of chopped spinach
2 tbl spoon of chopped cilantro
1 tea spoon of white pepper powder
1 tbl spoon of chopped green chilies
Salt to taste
1. Debone the boiled fish pieces and take out the flesh . Don’t take the skin . While boiling , don’t put too much water . Water releases from the fish too . so don’t boil with excess water.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 FH and grease and line a loaf pan with parchment / wax paper .
3.In a food processor combine all the ingredients and blend until incorporated .
4. Put the fish into the pan , rub some oil over it and bake for 50 minutes . Now broil another 10/ 15 minutes or until you get the golden brown color on the top . Broil at 400 FH .
5. Now let it cool completely . Otherwise you may find difficulty in slicing . Slice and you can preserve it in fridge until you are ready for the final step .
6. Shallow fry in butter or oil just like you fry fishes . One thing to be noted shallow frying here doesn’t mean too little oil . 🙂
Enjoy with Pulao , biriyani or any fried rice or just as it is . 🙂