Steamed Fish Cake Curry
For the Fish cake/ Pudding:
1. 6 Pieces of any big Fish like Rohu, Mrigel. Katla or any carp.
2. 2 eggs
2. Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
3. salt to taste.
4. Little amount of chili-turmeric powder.
For the curry:
Sliced Onion 2 small
Onion paste 2 teaspoon
Ginger paste 2 teaspoon
Garlic Paste 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder half teaspoon
Chili powder 1 teaspoon or according to your taste
Corriander powder half teaspoon.
Cumin powder half teaspoon ( dry roasted and grinded)
Chopped tomato 1 small
salt to taste
garam masala ( cinnamon stick, cardamoms, bayleaf)
1. Wash the fish. Rub some turmeric, chili powder, salt on them.
2. Fry them and take out the bones from the fish pieces. You don’t need to work that hard as the big fishes hardly have bones and the few bones they have are easily removable. 🙂
3. Blend fish with 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste and little turmeric-chili powder.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan. Now you can steam it like pudding / creme caramel or you can bake it like cake in a preheated oven.
5. Slice the cake or pudding. Normally I don’t try to flip it over as sometimes it tends to break if you try to do that. So cut it when it’s on the pan.
6. Shallow fry them just like regular fish fry. keep it aside.
7. Heat oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala like cardamoms, cinnamon and bayleaf. Then add sliced onion and fry them until brown.
8. Add the onion, ginger, garlic paste. Add turmeric, chili powder, corriander powder, cumin powder,salt. Cook very well adding water little by little.
9. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatos are completely dissolved. Add water.
10. Add the sliced fish cakes and cover the lid.
11. When the gravy is near about your desired consistency add the cubed bell peppers or capsicum and green chilies.
12. Cover with lid and keep it on low heat until the oil separates.
1. You may cook it with coconut milk the same way mentioned. You Just have to omit the tomatoes.
2. You may cook it in tomato sauce, or using yogurt or in oriental way too.
3. You may add chopped spinach too in the fish cake batter before steaming it .