Special Beef bhuna
I love beef!!! Nothing beats desi style beef preparation, no way !!! This special beef bhuna is so finger liking good , just can’t get enough of it !!!! The specialty of this preparation is slow cooking and the use of spices.
1 kg beef , cut in medium or small pieces
1 medium onion , finely minced
1 cup fried onion/ bereshta
1 tbl spoon ginger paste
1 tbl spoon ginger , matchstick cut/ Julian cut
2 tea spoon garlic paste
5/6 whole garlic cloves
1/3 rd cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon red chili powder
5/6 dry red chilies ( split in half)
1/2 ( half) teaspoon turmeric
5 green cardamoms
2 black cardamoms ( if small)
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 tea spoon black pepper ( whole)
salt to taste
2 tbl spoon of papaya paste ( optional, for meat tenderizing)
Special masala ( apply the whole quantity)
Special masala :
Dry roast 1 tea spoon cumin or jeera for 30 seconds . Now grind it with 1 tea spoon whole coriander ( dhonia) and 1 tea spoon fennel ( mouri) into a fine powder .
1. Marinate the meat with all the ingredients except special garam masala and oil .
2. Heat the oil and add the meat with marinade . Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes . Now reduce the heat and cook the meat on low heat with lid on . The pot should be covered with a lid .
3. The meat will release water and will be cooked in it . Don’t bother . Slow cook for at least 2 hours . If needed add little water but not until 45 minutes.
4. Just before you turn the stove off , add the garam masala powder and cook 5 minutes more .
1. Please make the fried onion at home . Don’t over fry them , as it may ruin the color . It should be nice golden brown color . Fried onion makes a great difference in this preparation and also the julian cut ginger and whole garlic cloves . 🙂