Mutton/ Lamb/ Goat Korma , shortcut way..:D
1. Mutton/Lamb 1 KG
2. Onion paste 3/4 th cup ( three-fourth cup)
3. Garlic paste 1 tbl spoon
4. Ginger paste 1 and half table spoon
5. Chili Powder 1 teaspoon
6. Corriander Powder half teaspoon ( without roasting)
7. Potato ( optional)
8. 2/3 Bayleaf
9. Cardamom, cinnamon, Black pepper,
10. Fresh cream half cup
11. Regular Milk 1 cup
12. Sugar 1 and half teaspoon or according to your taste
13. salt to taste
14. Special garam masala powder ( Microwave 1 teaspoon poppy seed/posto, 1 teaspoon jeera/cumin, 1 tea spoon whole coriander, 1 teaspoon black or white pepper, 2 or 3 cardamoms, 5/6 cloves,1/2 (half)teaspoon mace/ joyetree and little nutmeg together for 25/30 second.. Crush it into a smooth powder)
15. Oil half cup
1.Wash the mutton thoroughly..Marinate 1 kg mutton with garlic paste, ginger paste, onion paste,bayleaf, cardamom, cinamon, coriander powder, chili powder ,1/2 cup oil and salt in a pot for at least 1 hour before cooking. The longer is marination the yummier it is..
2.Place the pot on the oven on a medium flame..Cover the lid and let the water come out from the meat..Cook very well adding water little by little for atleast 45 minutes to 1 hour . That is what we call “Koshano” in Bangla.
3. After “Koshano” , when the water is almost dried out add the potatoes and let them cook for few minutes too..Add water covering the potato and the meat…
4.When the gravy thickens and almost drying out add 1 cup regular milk , 1/2 cup heavy cream, and 1 and 1/2 teaspoon sugar…Let them cook until the desired gravy appears…Give handful of green chilies. Add the special garam masala powder at the end of the cooking…Cover the lid until u serve.