Kofta Korma Curry of Rohu Fish/ Rui Macher Kofta Korma Curry..
Not only Rohu ,you can use any other big fish to make this “out of the world” kindda dish.
For the Kofta:
1. Rohu Fish 4 pieces ( pieces from back is preferred as they have more flesh)
2. Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
3. Turmeric powder half teaspoon
4. Salt to taste
5. potato 1 large ( boiled and mashed)
6. Fried Onions ( Bereshta) 2 tblspoon
7. Garam masala powder ( optional) a pinch
8. Chili Powder half teaspoon
9 1 beaten egg
10. Breadcrumbs enough to bind and shape the kofta, around 1/3 rd one-third cup
1.Boil your fish with garlic/ginger paste, turmeric and salt. While boiling use less water, because fish exerts water and only a little amount is needed to boil them.
2. Take out all the bones and put into a bowl. Combine mashed potato, chili powder, garam masala powder, salt, fried onion, beaten egg and bread crumbs with it.
3. Make round balls and deep fry and set aside . But since it will be used in Korma Curry, don’t fry them for long. The color needs to be light.
Kofta Korma Curry:
1. Onion Paste 4 tblspoon
2. Ginger Paste 2 teaspoon
3. Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
4. Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
5. Coriander Powder
6. Bayleaf, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom pods
7. Yogurt , I took both sweet yogurt and regular yogurt together
8. Salt to taste.
9. Bell peppers (optional)
10. Special garam masala powder ( dry roast cumin/jeera, whole coriander/ gota dhone, fenugreek/methi,clove, nutmeg/jaifol, mace/ joyetree, cardamom/elachi,bleck pepper together and crush them into a smooth powder)
1. Heat oil and add Whole garam masala, elach, darchini, tejpata. Fry them a while. Then add the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook them well adding water little by little, then add beaten yogurt.Cook well adding water little by little. When done add water and put the koftas in it.
2. Cover the lid. Cook until comes to desired consistency. Then add special garam masala, cubed bell pepper / capsicum and green chilies.
3. Keep it on very low flame for 5 minutes until oil separates.
Enjoy your Kofta Korma Curry!!!!! Goes best with Polau/ Pilaf or Khichuri!
1. In the kofta curry, try to use sweet yogart along with regular yogart as it enhances the taste. If you don’t have sweet yogurt at home, don’t worry.. Just mix a little sugar and tomato ketchup with your yogurt.. It works fantastic as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. You can make so many different dishes with this basic kofta recipe. You may add it in your oriental style sweet n sour fish ball or likewise. You can cook it in coconut milk or you can just add it in curry. In these cases just add turmeric powder while cooking it like curry or in coconut milk. But if you use coconut milk, omit the yogurt.
3. As I said before, this basic kofta recipe can be used in so many recipes.I made fish chop/kabab with it. Just flatten the balls and deep fried it like chop and kababs on medium low heat until nice brown!!!!
4. You can store this kofta/kabab in the deep fridge for a atleast 2 weeks. But for that don’t fry them. Just take them out when needed, fry and use it the way you want!!!!!!!!
Here’s the picture of Fish Chop I made with the basic Kofta dough: