Sometimes you may find boring eating same type fish preparations. Fried, Curry nothing makes you feel good. Then you should try this bhorta one..So yummy with plain, hot steamed rice..
2 pieces of any Big Fish like Rohu, Carp, Mrigel or any other.
Little turmeric, chili powder
Chopped green chilies
Chopped Cilantro ( Dhonia pata)
Salt to taste
Musturd oil/ Shorishar tel
Fresh lemon zest (optional)
1. Wash the fish thoroughly. Now rub little turmeric,chili powder and salt on the fish.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Fry the fish pieces. It should not be too fried. But the water in the fish should be dried out.
3. Take out the bones from the fish. You don’t need to work that hard as the big fishes hardly have bones and the few bones they have are easily removable. 🙂 .
4. Now by using your hand mix chopped onion, chopped green chilies, chopped cilantro, lemon zest, salt with mustard oil squeezing them hard with your fingers. Now Mix it with the fish.ready.
Serve with hot plain rice.
1. The more you can squeeze the onion, green chilies, cilantro before adding mustard oil, the more you will have the taste.
2. To enhance it’s taste you may add oil of the Indian pickles ( Acharer tel) or add some pickles in it.