Orange Tea Cake
3 eggs , room temperature
3/4 th cup of oil+ butter ( I took 1/2 cup of oil+ 1/4 th cup butter)
3/4th cup of sugar ( grounded or powdered , that called caster sugar too)
1 and 1/2 cup of All purpose flour
1/4 th cup of milk, room temperature or slightly warm
1/4 th cup of fresh orange juice
2 tea spoon of orange zest
1/2 a teaspoon baking powder
1/4 th teaspoon baking soda
1. Grease a loaf pan and pre-heat the oven to 350 FH .
2. Pour the 1/4 th cup of fresh orange juice to room temperature or slightly warm 1/4 th cup of milk and keep aside . Here you get your orange flavored buttermilk . 🙂
3. Beat the oil+butter and sugar together until light and fluffy . The lighter and fluffier it is , the softer is your cake . So beat very well . Use an electric hand beater to beat . Add in egg , one at a time . Beat very well. Please always use room temperature butter, that is softened and egg.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder together . Add the orange zest. Don’t put baking soda now . We will put it later. Now alternately add the flour and orange-milk mixture to the butter mixture . Starting with dough and finishing with dough . Like add half of the flour to the cream mixture , fold in with a spatula or a whisk , then add the orange-milk mixture and gently fold in . Finish with the remaining flour and gently fold in . Don’t beat with the electric beater or don’t beat vigorously as that might make the cake tight and rubbery . Add the baking soda now and gently mix with the batter.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and tap the cake pan to the counter top few times to eliminate any air bubbles. That is , just drop the cake pan on the counter top from few inches higher to knock down those air bubbles.
6. Immediately put it in the pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes . Depending on the power system , time may vary . Don’t over bake .