Egg / Dimer Korma with coconut milk
Ingredients: 4 egg( boiled), Coconut Milk 1 Cup , ginger paste 1 tbl spoon, onion paste 2 tbl spoon, chopped onion 1 medium, garam masala ( elach, darchini, tejpata), salt to taste, sugar to taste,raisins…
In a pan heat oil+ghee..Fry the eggs…Keep them aside..Add the whole garam masala..Fry it for a minute..Add chopped onoin…Fry them till they r soft and almost golden brown…Add onion, ginger paste, salt…Add little water and stir it well…add coconut milk…Then the eggs… taste…Add the green chillies… u may add raisins if u want.. Bon A Petit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poached Egg Curry in Coconut milk
Onion paste 4 tbl spoon
Ginger paste 2 tea spoon
Garlic paste 2 tea spoon
Whole cardamom, cinnamon, bayleaf
salt to taste
Coconut milk 1 and half cup
Garam masla Powder half tea spoon
Roasted cumin powder to taste
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok.
2. Add bayleaf, cardamom and cinnamon . Fry a little, then add onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and little water.
3. Cook all the spices adding water little by little, that we call ” Koshano” in Bangla..
4. After the ” koshano” is done pretty nice add the coconut milk..
5. Break in the eggs one by one. Break carefully so that the yolk remain intact.Now pour them into the gravy.
6. Cover the lid and let it cook on medium low heat for 15 min or until the egg is cooked…
7. Add some green chilies and sprinkle roasted jeera/cumin powder and garam masala powder before u turn off the stove..
Serve with plain rice.It tastes so good. I bet you are gonna fall in love with this wonderful curry!!!!!!!!! Bon a Petit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chingri Kofta ( Grandma special)
1.Shell, de-vein and wash the prawns. DON”T TAKE THE SHELL OF THE SHRIMP!! We need half pound prawns/shrimps for this recipe. Now blend the prawns into a smooth paste.We don’t need any water while grinding it.
2. Add little ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, little turmeric powder and 1 beaten egg. Unlike others We are not going to fry the balls before we add them in the curry. The tenderness of the prawns will be vanished if u fry them before adding them in curry. So keep it in the fridge for 15 mins that would help us to shape them.
3. Heat oil in a wok.Add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon. Fry a little then add one medium sized finely chopped onion..When the onion is almost golden brown, add 3 tbl spoon onion paste, 1 tbl spoon garlic paste, 2 tea spoon ginger paste, turmeric and chili powder,a little coriander powder and salt to taste.
4.Keep stirring all the time and adding water little by little to keep the spices from scorching. This iS what we call “koshano” in Bangla. This ” Koshano” is very important in every Bengali or Indian Style curries.
5.Now add a little water and cook a little while then add 1 cup medium thick coconut milk ( I used coconut milk powder available in the store to make the milk ) and 1 cup of regular liquid milk ( My grandma used to cook only in coconut milk , but I improvised a little). Here comes the fun part!!!!!!! Make round balls from the prawn and add into the gravy.Cover the lid.
6. Cook it for at least 10-15 minutes at medium low flame or until the oil separates and the prawn balls r cooked.
7. Roast whole cumin, poppy seed ( posto), cardamom (elach)together. You can microwave them for 30 second and grind them into a fine powder.Add this powder and green chillies before u turn off the stove.
Posted in Fish and Seafood, Shrimp
Tagged Bangladesh Curry Recipe, Bangladeshi recipe, Bangladeshi Shrimp Recipe, Chingri, Chingri Kofta, Chingri Kopta, Fish Kofta, Fish Kopta, Indian recipe, Kofta, Kopta, Kufta, Kupta, Prawn Kofta, Prawn Kopta, Seafood, Shrimp, Shrimp Curry, Shrimp Kofta, Shrimp Kopta, South Asian Curry Recipe, South Asian Seafood Recipe